Privacy & Cookies
Your Privacy: General Data Protection Regulation Compliance Statement
At Rhea Thierstein, is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of her visitors.
This is a statement of the General Data Protection Regulation compliance policy that is adopted by Rhea Thierstein Ltd for delivering her services. Rhea Thierstein Ltd will, when delivering these services, collect and use personal information only which is relevant to the work that she is undertaking and which will be controlled, stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), howsoever it is collected, recorded and used; whether it be on paper, in electronic media form (e.g. in a computer system), or recorded by other means.
Rhea Thierstein considers the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by the company as critical in maintaining the confidence of her clients; therefore managing and processing personal information lawfully and correctly.
This Policy is updated from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Information is defined under the GDPR as being Personal Information if any of the following criteria are met:
- Can a living individual be identified from the data, or, from the data and other information in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the data controller?
- Does the data “relate to” the identifiable living individual, whether in their personal or family life, business or profession?
- Is the data “obviously about” a particular individual?
- Is the data “linked to” an individual so that it provides particular information about that individual?
- Is the data used, or is it to be used, to inform or influence actions or decisions affecting an identifiable individual?
- Does the data have any biographical significance in relation to the individual?
- Does the data focus or concentrate on the individual as its central theme rather than on some other person, or some object, transaction or event?
- Does the data impact or have the potential to impact on an individual, whether in a personal, family, business or professional capacity?
Rhea Thierstein adheres to the Principles of Data Protection, as set out in The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
PRINCIPALS OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Specifically, these Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
COLLECTION OF DATA
Rhea Thierstein Ltd will, through appropriate management and by strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully the conditions regarding fair collection and use of information.
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used.
- Collect and process appropriate information and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of information used is adequate and is maintained.
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held and that it is stored for no longer than is necessary.
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the Act and Regulations. These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information.
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad to countries to which transfers are not permitted under the GDPR.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information storage and processing systems used by Rhea Thierstein Ltd are designed to ensure that:
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information understands that they are contractually and legally responsible for following the GDPR and good data protection practice.
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information is appropriately trained to do so.
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information is appropriately supervised.
- Anyone wanting to make enquiries about personal information knows how to do so.
- Queries about personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with, in accordance with the GDPR.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are clearly described.
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
- The performance of the methods and process is regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
GDPR COMPLIANCE POLICY FOR MARKETING AND GENERAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION PROCESSING – GENERAL
Rhea Thierstein does not undertake automated decision making about, or profiling of personal data.
Data subjects have a right, as set out in the GDPR, to obtain the personal information which is stored and used by the company, and can obtain this information by contacting the Data Protection Officer whose details are given in this document. The data comprising the personal information will be delivered to the data subject in a secure manner and in a format which is readily accessible using common proprietary data access tools (such as word processor document or spreadsheet viewer programs).
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Rhea Thierstein cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Rhea Thierstein acquires and uses information relating to commercial organisations and individuals for use in marketing and sales activities.
Clients provide some of this information directly to provide services or when contacting Rhea Thierstein for the purposes of making an enquiry.
Information is also obtained by recording how persons use the website by means of embedded technology such as cookies, and by receiving written enquiries and usage data from relevant forms hosted on the website.
If you are requested by Rhea Thierstein to provide your personal data, you may of course decline to do so. However, if you do choose not to provide data that is necessary to enable Rhea Thierstein to provide a service to you, she may not be able to deliver that service to you.
The information that is obtained may be dependent upon the nature and context of your enquiry. The information that is collected can include the following:
Name and contact data
Your first and last name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address is collected.
On occasion data collected about you such as your profession, country and preferred language.
Where it is necessary to process your payment, sensitive information such as your credit card number and security code are not collected by Rhea Thierstein Ltd: the payment is processed using external secure processing websites operated by the bank and the information is not processed or stored by the systems or personnel.
Contacts and relationships
Rhea Thierstein Ltd may collect such information that you provide relating to your contacts and business relationships.
Rhea Thierstein may collect the content of any data files and communications that you may send in the course of a project, together with any physical documents that you may give when these are necessary to provide you with the service you have purchased or applied for. Data collected may include:
- the address, subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message or attachment, and
- audio recording and transcript of a telephone call or voice message you send to her or receive from her.
WHAT THE DATA COLLECTED MAY BE USED FOR
Rhea Thierstein may use the information that collected from you to provide her services to you. In addition to this she may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request relating to activities.
- To provide information to you relating to other information that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
For information about how to manage, edit or to delete contact data which contains your personal information, please use the How to access & control your personal data found in this privacy statement.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can submit a request to view, edit or delete any personal data that is held.
You may do so by submitting a request in writing or by using the Contact form. A response to requests to access or delete your personal data will be within 30 days.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
Where legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that is held relating to you.
Cookies are small packets of information stored by a web browser on your computer.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser and are mainly used, for example, to store information about the items in your shopping basket.
Conversely, persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or when they reach their expiry date. This type of cookie is often used to anonymously track your activity on a website so the website owner can analyse the data to see if there are ways they can improve their website.
Cookies and similar technologies are used for several purposes, including:
STORING YOUR PREFERENCES AND SETTINGS
Settings that enable the products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. Preferences are also saved, such as language, browser and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site.
Cookies are used to detect fraud and abuse of the website and services.
STORING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO A WEBSITE
When you provide information on the website, your data is stores in a cookie to remember the information you have added.
The website includes social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
In order to provide products, cookies are used and other identifiers to gather usage and performance data. For example, cookies are used to count the number of unique visitors to a web page or course and to develop other statistics about the operations of services. This includes cookies from the website and from third-party analytics providers.
Cookies are used for load balancing to ensure that the website remains up and running.
COOKIES USED BY RHEA THIERSTEIN
Stores information about the contents of your cart.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (_GA)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the website. They use the information to compile reports and to help to improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
Neither Rhea Thierstein Ltd or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
A mixture of both persistent and session cookies are used to enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to this site and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
More information about Google’s policies can be read at https://support.google.com/ana…
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however, blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Managing cookies for each browser differs, Here are links to more detailed information for some the more popular browsers:
You can opt out of data collection or use by Google Analytics by following the link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
Should you have an enquiry relating to data protection, you may contact Rhea Thierstein via e-mail at [email protected]